The Keto Diet
A question that many people wonder about is “Is to bad for you?” In my opinion, I can only give a very general answer. Sure, there are some adverse effects on the practice of ketosis. However, there are also a number of benefits that can be gained by practicing this method of weight loss.
Some of the biggest problems with ketosis can be found in the way it treats insulin resistance. Insulin resistance is the most common reason why people experience failure when attempting to lose weight with diet and exercise. As you probably know, insulin is what causes your body to create glucose for fuel.
More Info About
Is Keto Bad For You?
Remember that you can eat all the high-quality food you want without worrying about any potential damage to your health. Ketosis is more than just consuming more calories; it is about allowing your body to utilize the carbs as fuel for a longer period of time.
All of the calories that you take in must come from protein and fats. Carbohydrates are simply broken down into glucose by your body before it can be used for energy.
So, when you combine this diet with exercise, you can actually get a lot of fat-burning benefits from it.
Pros Of The Keto Diet
- You Can Eat Fatty Foods Like Bacon
- When Your Body Uses Ketones To Fuel Energy You Burn Fat Faster
- More Blood Flow, Energy, And Weight Loss
- You Feel Less Sluggish
- People On The Diet Tend To Feel Full Vs Hungry
- Epilepsy it’s been used to treat this problem
- Cancer This is a growing area of research for the ketogenic diet. The Warburg effect has established that tumor cells can break down glucose much faster (specifically 200x faster) compared to typical cells
Cons Of The Keto Diet
- Nutritional Deficiencies due to the restrictiveness of the diet some foods are excluded from the diet that contains nutrients that are important for our bodies to function and work correctly which can result in deficiencies.
- Gut Health since you remove whole grain and fiber from your diet going to the bathroom can become more difficult and isn’t great for your gut.
- Keto Flu during the transition over to the diet you may experience what is called the keto flu. Which includes headaches, stomach pain, irritability, nausea, hunger, confusion (brain hazy), diarrhea, and constipation (probably due to lack of fiber).
- Hard To Stick With, because of the restrictions it can be hard to stick to the diet for the lack of variety of many food groups.
What Is A Ketone?
The good source of fat that makes ketones is meat. Vegetable oil, salad dressings, and some fruits contain fat (Avocados) which makes the body produces ketones. For the same reason you will find some fruit that has beta carotene, but these also make ketones.
The mental ability of a person can be enhanced with the use of ketones. There are different studies that show that the level of glucose is lowered by ketones in the body.
This also affects how well the brain functions. With less blood sugar, the person is less hungry and often finds it easier to stick to a diet. With a lower level of glucose, there is less stress on the brain.
Typically your body converts carbs into fuel but on the keto diet you are using ketones for fuel which is why you burn fat because basically the fat is converted into ketones.
Keto Risks To Long Term Health
Trying something extreme temporarily to lose weight may not have long term risks associate, and if it works they can be rewarding with shedding the pounds. Once you are done with the diet you can transition to normal eating again. If it is used for the long term, keep in mind there have not been studies as of yet to see how this impacts our health.
What Is Ketosis?
How to switch to ketosis is one of the most common questions I get. Ketosis is one of the most unnatural states of being. You will find that many bodybuilders, athletes, and professional athletes will be in this state as they get older. To switch to ketosis you will need to eat many more fats and proteins and not just carbohydrates.
Before you try to achieve ketosis, you can find some keto pills that will help you get into ketosis and help you get rid of those pounds. They can help you get into ketosis quicker and help you get rid of those fat so you end up losing more weight and achieving keto sooner.
Low Glucose – Is Keto Bad For You?
When your body glucose drops your body will start to reach for ketones to fuel energy. Fat is converted into ketones thus you are burning body fat which explains the rapid weight loss.
In conclusion, you do not have to stick with the same diet you were on before when you decide to start a good diet. Just do your research and you will soon find that the Keto Diet works like a charm!
But with all diets you should consult with a healthcare professional and discuss any of your personal medical history with them. Also, I don’t see any diet as a lifelong thing. You should get to your ideal weight and slowly transition to more healthy eating meaning consuming fruits, vegetables, and whole grains that are restricted to this diet. The key is exercise, healthy eating, and happier living!
2 bell peppers (mix of colors makes it tastier)
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
4 ounces ground beef (80/20 fat)
1 cup full-fat shredded Mexican cheese blend
1/4 cup of guacamole
1/4 cup of pico de gallo
2 tablespoons full-fat sour cream
Then, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat & add the chili powder and cumin and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Then add the ground beef and 1/4 teaspoon Real brand salt and cook, stirring and breaking up into bite-size pieces, until browned and cooked through about 4 minutes.
Preheat the broiler. Sprinkler beef mixture onto each pepper piece. Then with cheese and broil until the cheese melts, about 1 minute. Top with guacamole and pico de gallo. Thin the sour cream out with some water and drizzle over the nachos.