Are Walnuts Fattening?
Let me say. Before we even dive into what good and bad things of the walnut are. And ask ourselves if we think are walnuts fattening? Here’s the thing. Please leave the skin on the nut. Now, there are plenty of websites that give the WRONG advice that you should remove the skin. Well, let me say, you should not remove it.
So, Tell Me, Do Walnuts Make You Gain Weight?
The skin is has a lot of phenols. Now OK, the phenol is a corrosive and toxic compound. So, you will think it is not something we should choose to eat. However, they certainly help in the prevention of certain cancers.
Read this on phenolic compounds so say the British Journal of Nutrition. “There is evidence to suggest many flavonoids like anthocyanins may have anticancer properties.”
A good paper says that only 5.5% of adults (18 – 50 years old). Well, consume any amount of nuts of any kind. Given that walnuts and peanuts are exceptionally healthy for you, it is a slim figure indeed.
Sure scientists think the walnut is in fact, the healthiest of all the nuts you can eat. It is because it contains the highest amount of antioxidants. Antioxidants are fantastic for helping us to avoid illness and diseases.
There is a Doctor from the University of Scranton. And he says that walnuts contain twice as many antioxidants as any other kind of regularly eaten nuts.
Are Walnuts Healthy Or Fattening?
Soon I shall answer your question, as you are asking are walnuts fattening. Then you like them and eat many of them. I bet you want to answer your curiosity. In the hope that it will get rid of any guilt you have from eating them in large amounts.
I eat a lot of them. And I am so well aware of just how many more one can eventually lead.
- Well now, nuts are a favorite of the medical community as they are very healthy and full of goodness. Walnuts are also in this class too. They are an abundant giver of protein.
- And even fiber and a lot of vitamins and minerals. The right way to eat them is raw and not when you roast them. That is because cooking them means it will lower the quality of the antioxidants the nut has in them.
- The roasting of them means that eating them this way is silly. As you can get all of their best while eating something which tastes great as they are.
1 Cup Of Walnuts Has 180 Calories
I guess it would be safe to say this about nuts. In general, they are at fatty food end of the whole food world. Even though I should say that other than water, too much of even a large number of healthy foods can end up being fattening. Therefore, can be bad for you.
While it is true that walnuts have a significant number of calories and fat, the calories, however, come from fat. And this fat is a good fat to eat.
Because the walnut has fat in it, people think they are wrong. However, it is not the same as the fat which, for example, is in chocolate bars and ice creams.
It is VERY DIFFERENT FROM THIS
So whatever you do, do not, not be eating walnuts for fear of them making you fat. That will NOT happen. They are very healthy for us. They have plenty of vitamins and minerals in them so eat some.
Let me say it like this. You would have to eat AN BIG amount of these excellent nuts to even see any change in your weight. So do not be worry, because they will not have you gaining anything as long as you do not eat them with any other high-calorie foods.
Facts About Walnuts
- Leave the skin on for extra health, Other than the fact there are nasty tasting phenols. You will want to eat them because, however, it/They are great for the human body.
- They may help to prevent certain types of cancers.
- It has two times as many antioxidants as any other standard nuts you can eat.
- Medical people say they are very healthy and full of goodness.
- A good giver of protein.
- An exceptionally healthy bit of fiber
- It also has many vitamins and minerals.
- Has a good fat
- Therefore, you will not put any weight on while eating them in the usual way.
So, I hope this post answers your question are walnuts fattening? Or not as the case may be. Indeed, they are not when you eat them usually. They are healthy for you. And, they have in the great things for the human body to work at its best.