We consume a variety of nuts on a daily basis. We will eat them between mealtimes but, what are the cashews health benefits? Let me tell you. If you have read my peanut post then you will know the benefits of eating these, so, is it similar to cashews. Well, in this post I will most certainly educate you as to the benefits and any possible negatives to these nuts.
Cashews Health Benefits
Well now, a lot of people believe that because nuts contain fat they avoid eating them. This is bad because they contain a good kind of fat that our body needs in order to function at its best level. So what are the cashews health benefits? Well, in short, there are many. And f you keep reading I am going to explain them all to you.
In fact, there are over 150 million obese and sick people in the U.S and you can bet your last dollar they do not ingest any nuts in their diet. Eating them can only have positive effects and no negative effects.
After the reading of this article, you will definitely have changed your mind about eating cashews if you were not sure about them. And if you already eat them then this will just confirm all that you thought about them. Either one will benefit from this post, no doubts.
- Yes, They contain fat, but a massive 82% of it is unsaturated. And if you have just read my posts on peanuts and fats you will be aware that this is actually a good fat. Read more on the cashews health benefits.
- You can try to tell this to an obese person you know of, nuts do help to prevent weight gain. This has been proven time and time again by research and studies too. Go here to read one such study findings!
- Cashews also contain a lot of copper. Now when you ingest cashews on a regular basis the copper reacts with the iron in your blood helping to produce yet more healthy red blood cells, this can only mean a benefit for us, right!
- However, are cashews good for you? Let me tell you this. In an attempt to lower their blood pressure there are thousands of Americans, who, each day take prescribed medication to reduce it. Well, this can be caused by the mineral calcium and cashews contain magnesium which is a perfectly healthy NATURAL calcium inhibitor (Blocker) In short the cashews may help you to regulate your blood pressure.
More Of The Cashews Health Benefits
- It just has to be said that just a couple of handfuls of cashew nuts is the equivalent of taking a prescriptions work of Prozac (Anti-stress and anxiety drug) Through a relatively complicated process it helps the body to produce more serotonin which you may or may not know is the chemical responsible for that feeling of joy, happiness, euphoria and well-being that we sometimes get. Some people are searching to find this and these kinds of nuts will definitely help the person.
- In short, to briefly continue my last point, they are a natural anti-depressant.
- As I just alluded to the main minerals in cashew nuts are magnesium and copper, and along with calcium, these help to strengthen your bones.
- You can maintain a healthy nervous system by eating cashews too as they help to prevent the bodies calcium from entering into the nerve cells and in so keeping the muscles and tendons operating more efficiently.
- When you do eat cashews on a regular basis (Daily) then they reduce the risk of getting gallstones by up to a huge 25%
- Cashew is a great help towards growth and development.
And, Even More Of The Cashews Health Benefits
- Also, they can aid in our digestion process.
- Cashew nuts also happen to be rich in the supply of vitamins to us. They contain the vitamin B’s thiamine, niacin and riboflavin, Pantothenic acid. These vitamins protect you from a number of potential diseases.
- You may or may not have heard of the free-radical. These are highly volatile (unstable) molecules in our bodies and they can cause disease and premature ageing.Well, the eating of cashews can help the bodies iron content to fight these free radicals thus preventing the onset of any disease.
- Now my final point, for now at least, is that they really can assist in the prevention of something called macular degenerative disease. This is basically failing eyesight. They help this by filtering the harmful UV rays of the sun.
Now The Negatives
- Whatever you do please try to avoid the pre-salted cashew. Most Americans already consume way too much salt in their diets anyway which will only lead to weight issues.
- Also please be aware when eating raw cashews, Are cashews good for you in that state? Well, you should not go to buy in-shell cashews. This is because the cashews that we eat have a relation to the poison ivy plant. And you should be aware that you may get a very itchy red skin. This said, though, You are perfectly safe eating commercial cashews. As the harmful toxins are destroyed in the roasting process
So to summarise. I think I answer the question on the cashews health benefits. The list of positives for cashews is far more than the negatives. Eating cashews, therefore, can only be a safe and above all healthy option. So feel free to eat some (Or more)when you have you have read this post.
You see, once you have got your diet under control. Then, all that you need to have is the other half of the puzzle. In order for your weight loss attempt to be a success. To what am I referring? The exercise of course.
I am certain you will find something that is suitable for your budget, and more importantly, you.
Please leave any comments or question you may have below?